Instant Pot Penne and Turkey Meatballs is a great recipe that is sure to please your whole family. Everything cooks together in the Instant Pot and the recipe has great flavor and is super simple.
Please subscribe :) youtube.com/geoffmobile
This video is VR 180 3D, best viewed in a VR headset such as the Oculus Quest 2.
Hope you enjoy the delicious food!
1 pound lean ground turkey (or 1 small package from grocery store)
½ cup plain or panko breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
¼ yellow onion, finely chopped (or 1 tbsp of dried onion flakes)
2 garlic cloves, minced (or 1/8 tsp of garlic powder)
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish (or 1 tsp of dried basil)
1 egg, beaten
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
1 (14- to 15-ounce) can tomato purée or sauce (I used half a jar of sauce)
½ cup water (or more, see recipe below)
8 ounces uncooked penne pasta (or more, up to 454g dry pasta)
Important note: Please do *not* stir the pot after adding the pasta. Keeping the pasta on top without stirring, is a good way to prevent the dish from burning on the bottom.
1. In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, onion, garlic, basil, egg, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
2. Form 1½-inch meatballs and place on a plate.
3. Preheat the Instant Pot by selecting Sauté on high heat.
4. Once hot, coat the bottom of the pot with the oil. Add the meatballs, one at a time, in close proximity and, if possible, in one layer. Cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the tomatoes with juice, tomato purée or sauce, water, and pasta. Carefully push the pasta down so that it’s mostly submerged in the sauce. Do **not** stir. Add more water if needed until the top of the dry pasta is mostly submerged.
6. Select Manual or Pressure Cook and cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
7. Once cooking is complete, select Cancel and let it sit for 1 minute. Then use a quick release.
8. Test the pasta. If it isn’t cooked enough, select Sauté and simmer on high until the desired texture is reached.
9. Serve topped with more Parmesan and basil.
COOKING TIP: For an extra-quick meal, form your meatballs a few hours in advance and store them in the refrigerator. Pull them out 10 minutes before cook time and proceed with the recipe as written.
– Recipe adapted by Geoff Peters from Laurel Randolph
Virtual Tip Jar:
I produce these videos myself, and hope you enjoy them or find them useful.
I can gratefully accept Bitcoin donations at the following address:
This was recorded in 3D 180 VR using the Vuze XR – a 180 3D VR camera. The Vuze XR camera was hung on a light stand to capture the cooking scene.
Here are my social links:
VR 180 3D video was captured in manual exposure settings and exported from Vuze XR Studio in 5.7k side-by-side Prores 422. Video edited in Shotcut (Free video editor) and exported using “Youtube” preset.
This VR 180 3D video was filmed using a Vuze XR camera.
Please watch using the Youtube App on an Oculus Quest 2 VR (Virtual Reality) headset for the best 3D experience!